To keep pace with this crazily busy world, sometimes we forget that ‘we’ exist! We exist as human beings and we need time for ourselves! In this era of updates, tags and notifications’ sometimes we forget that we also need some conversation with ourselves! The person we are befriended from early birth! But how can that be possible? We can not even make time for our meals or a good shopping time, how can we have some peaceful time for ourselves? Well! It is not easy but it is definitely possible. You can do some yoga, meditation, or simply can write some thoughts about your spent day in a journal! This may sound like an old school idea but let me assure you this will also keep you positively boosted and focused all day long! And you will have your own track records according to time!
So, let’s dive into some ideas on how to do this!
Why are journal prompts needed?
Journal prompts are basically some phrases that initiate the blog entry for your journal. Many of us want to keep us a journal but often don’t know how to start to initiate the writing for the day, or on which topic they can describe themselves! Journal prompts, for this problem, are definitely a good solution and a new way to discover the real you!
How can you choose your prompts? Definitely, not everyone wants to decorate their journal in the same ways. Somebody needs to furnish their journals on a productive node, some want it on a creative node; while many of them want this to be a mindful or healing one!
To keep track and regularity to your journey, journal prompts are something must-have in your mind! Nobody wants to stop writing because they are not finding a good topic on which to write his/her feelings. So having some phrases to keep going with your journal is definitely something that can help you out and give you a wonderful experience in journaling. Let’s explore some healing prompts on this note!
30 Journal prompts to heal your inner self!
Having a list of prompts for your journal is absolutely a superb idea to keep going with the routine and make this a good habit! Sometimes we are lost, we don’t know how to recover ourselves from the negativity and burdens life-giving to us. At that time, we really need some self conversations to heal ourselves and be productive.
Here is a list of 30 healing journal prompts that can be used for a month-long to keep yourself positive and mindful.
- What do you love about yourself?
- Where do you want to see yourself in the next five years?
- What are activities that make you feel happier and more productive?
- Do you love to do when you are happy?
- What is the darkest secret about you?
- Do you ever feel insecure? Why?
- What are the problems you are facing right now?
- Why do you think you can fight all the problems back and come out as a winner?
- What are the best qualities of you?
- If you could have erased one event from your life, what could it be?
- What makes you feel stronger?
- If you could go back to your childhood, what would you do?
- Would you like to write a letter to the teen-you?
- Who is your favorite person to spend a holiday with?
- What do you expect from your loved ones?
- Do you have any surprises for the ones you love?
- What makes you stronger? Money or relationships?
- Where do you want to see your relationships after ten years?
- Do you love to pamper yourself?
- What are the most-listened-to songs of your playlist? And why are they your favorite?
- What is your dream holiday?
- How do you want to decorate your backyard?
- What are the words you want to hear from your bae?
- What is your plan for your next birthday?
- Name 20 things that make you smile!
- Make a list of 10 people whom you will send a letter of gratitude and gifts.
- What are you afraid of?
- Also, What is the best version of you?
- What is a perfect day for you?
- If you ever write an autobiography, what will be its name?
These 30 are not the ultimate for you, make your own choices. Customize them according to your mind and write to them! Whether it is a black-bound book or an online PDF file, keep writing, and keep expressing yourself! It’s all about your happiness, so care only for you!
Hang on to your journal!
Starting a journal is easy, but sticking to it every day is more than only difficult! You will have more distractions, demotivation, and laziness when it is time to write a journal. So try to practice these methods to hang on to your habit and stay mindful all day long!
- Maintain good health; because you will never have a will to write your day entry into your journal when you are sick or groaning with pain. Staying healthy is always at the top!
- Take care of your mind; because your mental health is equally important. You will not intend to write something interesting if you are messed up with your mind. Keep this in mind that helping your mind will always help you to recover anything!
- Fix a time for journaling; this may help you turn this into a habit faster. When you write your journal just before going to bed or in the morning with a cup of fragrant tea, gradually you become habituated to this and it becomes a part of your daily routine!
- Listen to some music; Music is good for mindfulness. When you listen to some soulful music while writing your journal, you complement both of them. This will leave you with a fresh feeling that lasts longer!
- Read your own journals in leisure, this helps you remind you of writing it again. Also, it is a good way to meet the older you and complement yourself in a very elegant way.
Last but not least! Keep a journal that makes you a better version of yourself. You don’t need to prove anything to anybody, but you can be accountable to yourself so that it can help you in the longer run. That should be the motto of your journaling habit! Happy journaling!